Kieser Spinal Care Plan
The Kieser Spinal Care Plan is an 18-week program designed to;
- Prevent or delay spinal surgery
- Reduce pain and other symptoms you may be experiencing
- Improve your ability to undertake everyday activities
- Provide a long-term plan to help self-manage your lower back condition
How does it work?
The care plan has been developed to help you improve your lower back condition in a safe and supervised manner. The 18-week program includes;
- 14 one-on-one Physiotherapy sessions (including initial assessment)
- 8 one-on-one Exercise Science sessions with an exercise physiologist or exercise scientist
- 12 sessions on the Kieser lumbar extension strengthening machine
- A physiotherapist-designed, independent strengthening program on Kieser equipment, supervised by exercise scientists
- Use of the Kieser Konnect app
- Education program on how to manage and live with your lower back condition
The following additional services are provided when appropriate;
- Strengthening programs on Kieser's specialised equipment
- Onward referral to a range of other health services
Clinical Eligibility Criteria includes;
- Diagnostic confirmation from your doctor
- Surgery candidate in next 3 years
How do I join?
If you’re a member with the correct cover, talk to your GP or a medical practitioner for a referral. If you have any questions, feel free to call us on 1800 603 603.
*Waiting periods and other conditions apply